My husband and I decided to start a new tradition this year by having a private Halloween party at home. We thought that it’d be fun to make caramel apples which was a first for the both of us. In addition to the apple treats, some hot pizza and pumpkin carving made the agenda. Quick and easy eats this year appealed to us and seemed to be the perfect compliment to a newlywed Halloween celebration.
I headed to Walmart and picked up some items for our party.
I purchased some of our favorite fun-sized Nestle candies . . . Butterfingers, Nestle Crunch, and Nerds. We also bought our favorite brand of frozen pizza. Tombstone Pizza is always satisfying. Perfect. Now, let me share how we made the caramel apples.
Halloween Caramel Apples
1 Bag Individually Wrapped Caramels, Unwrapped
2 Tablespoons Milk
1. Wash and dry apples, remove their stems, and place them in the freezer while you assemble the other items. Putting them in the freezer will help the caramel stick.
2. Unwrap candy, place into plastic bags, and crush into small crumbs. Place crumbs in individual bowls.
3. Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once.
4. Roll an apple in caramel spooning some over the top. Let the excess drip off and spoon off the bottom. Dip the bottom in the candy. Scoop up some of the candy and pat crumbs onto the sides of apples. Place apple on wax paper.
5. Reheat caramel between each apple for 15 to 20 seconds. Stir and repeat with the rest of the apples. If desired, trim bases of apples with kitchen shears.
The caramel apples coated with our favorite Nestle candies were simply delicious! We will definitely keep this Halloween tradition going and who knows . . . maybe we will have some little hands to help with the apples one day. Wink. Happy Halloween y’all!