A visit to the Waltz Strawberry Patch in Paris Township, Ohio was the ultimate cure for boredom upon my Texas family’s visit to rural Northeast Ohio. In fact, it ended up being my niece’s favorite memory from the trip. We came home with a plethora of fresh strawberries! What do you do when life gives you strawberries? You make strawberry cheesecake of course.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
Make the crust first. All you need is chocolate graham crackers and butter.
1. Oven to 325.
2. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Pulse 1 and 1/4 chocolate graham crackers into crumbs.
4. Add 5 Tablespoons of unsalted butter & process until sand-like.
5. Finger press the crumbs in the pan to create a crust.
6. Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
10 ounces of strawberries
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Puree 10 ounces of strawberries until smooth & transfer to a bowl.
2. Reserve 3/4 cup of strawberry puree for later use.
3. Process 3 packages of (room temperature) cream cheese and 1 cup of granulated sugar until smooth.
4. Blend in 2 Tablespoons of flour by pulsing the food processor.
5. Add 3 eggs, and process the mixture until smooth.
6. Add 3/4 cup strawberry puree, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until well-blended.
7. Pour the filling evenly into the pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the sides are slightly puffed and cracked.
9. Let it cool & then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
10. Top the cheesecake with jelly & some sliced strawberries.