10 Things To Do With Kids This Fall
I’ve got the fall feels, y’all. There’s finally a chill in the air here in the big D. That’s all it takes to get me in the mood for all things autumn. From scarves and sweaters to football and chili to pumpkin spice mania, I love everything about fall, don’t you? I especially love the family activities this time of year brings.
I’ve put together a Fall Family Bucket List of 10 things to do with kids this fall. Some of these are a tall order for me since I have an infant in the house but If I’m able to mark off a few autumn activities, I’ll be one happy mama. Here we go.
- Use old clothes to make a family of scarecrows for the front yard.This is an old school fall tradition that I’ve actually never done. I know that my 4 year old would love it. I’ve bought scarecrows before but they already came dressed and Annabelle would have so much fun picking out the clothes for our scarecrow to wear. If she picks out something too crazy, the scarecrow may be better suited to go in the back yard. Ha!
- Take the kids on a fall scavenger hunt.A scavenger hunt would have to be super simple since I’ve got really small children like maybe it happens around the house but I can see this turning into an annual activity that grows as my children grow.
- Make pressed leaf book.This is something that I would have loved as a kid. I remember a leaf project I did in school where I had to go around town and collect leaves from specific trees. It was great!
- Go apple (or fruit) picking. http://www.pickyourown.org/We don’t grow apples here in Texas but it’s fun to pick any kid of fruit. My hometown (Waxahachie, TX) actually has some farms so I may get my parents and extended family involved in this one.
- Get lost in a corn maze.It may sound crazy but I’ve yet to do a corn maze. I’m actually kind of embarrassed to say that but it’s true. This is one fall activity that the Pilgrims will absolutely be doing this year.
- Make homemade apple cider.My mom makes the best homemade apple cider in a perculator. I will have to post the recipe for you guys. I need to make it a tradition and make this the year to start making it as well.
- Check out fall books from the library.I’m a big library mom. The Plano Library keeps texting me that my books are overdue so yeah, I need to get on that and trade in our summer picture books for fall books. Annabelle adores the library so if you haven’t taken your kids to your local library yet, do it this week!
- Roast pumpkin seeds.Never done it. There are so many unique recipes to try though. I may make some spicy seeds for me and the hubs and something sweet for our sweet little girl.
- Make a thankful jar.What a great project for pre-schoolers. I’m going to do this one over the weekend. Stay tuned on my instagram for this one.
- Make caramel apples.Who doesn’t love caramel apples. Well, my husband doesn’t but he’s the exception. I’ve got a fun recipe for making caramel apples with leftover Halloween candy.