Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
There are only 2 adult humans living in my house. We have leftover meat up to our eyeballs after every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter meal. When I refuse to eat yet another ham or turkey sandwich, I know it’s time to jazz things up. These mini pot pies will have you happily saying “sayonara” to those leftovers!
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 cup peas
2 T butter
1/4 cup flour
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
4 cups of leftover meat, chopped
9 oz. store bought pie crusts (package contains 2 crusts)
1 T fresh lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium.
3. Add carrot, onion, celery, and peas & cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add flour and stir continuously for 1 minute.
5. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring until smooth.
6. Cook & stir mildly for 5 minutes as the mixture thickens.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, ham, & salt and pepper to taste.
8. Divide the mixture among six 5″ pie pans or eight 8 oz. ramekins.
9. On a floured surface, roll out the dough.
10. Cut out the appropriate number of pie crusts using your pie pan or ramekin as a stencil.
11.Place a pie crust along the top of each pie pan or ramekin.
12. Transfer pie pans or ramekins to a rimmed baking sheet
13. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crusts have browned and mixture is bubbling.
Here’s how it’s done . . .