How adorable are these Easter Pom-Pom Chicks? Pretty darn adorable! It’s not hard to hatch this fun project from FamilyFun Magazine. The steps are easy and the supplies are cheap, cheap, cheap!
All you need is yellow pom-poms, fabric paint, a balloon, perle cotton string, and glue.
1. Make a chick by gluing together two yellow pom-poms. Glue on a felt beak and feet. Add eyes with dimensional fabric paint. Let dry.
2. Insert the chick into a pre-stretched balloon. Blow up the balloon until it’s the size of a tennis ball. Knot the balloon and spray it with a light coasting of cooking spray.
3. Cut perle cotton string into six or seven 2-foot lengths.
4. Pour white glue into a dish. Dip a length of string into the glue to coat it, then run it between your thumb and forefinger to remove the excess glue. Wrap it around the balloon. Add more crisscrossing strands until there are no gaps larger than the chick.
5. Clip the knot of the balloon to hanger, and hang it up to dry (we hung ours from a shower curtain rod).
6. With scissors, carefully pop the balloon and remove it.
Gather the kids and have a blast this Easter!