I know there will be a lot of flowers delivered to her hospital room because she is loved by a lot of people. There’s simply nothing better than receiving flowers! Due to the length of her recovery (weeks in rehab), I decided to show my support by giving her something that will last her throughout her days in rehabilitation too. I am sad that I will be 1,200 miles away while she undergoes the procedure so I also wanted to spoil her a bit.
A short phone call to my mom finalized a list of her favorite things. I assembled them into a basket, jazzed it up of course (washi tape, raffia, & ribbon) and hand delivered it to her before I left town yesterday.
This basket includes:
1. Peeps! An Easter basket wouldn’t be complete without some.
2. Almond Joy Minis
3. Ty Beanie Boos – Carrots the Bunny
4. Rabbit Lollipops
5. Blooming Expressions Rose that blooms at the touch of a button to say “Love You Lots”. With this product by Hallmark, a loved one can have a flower that blooms time and time again.
6. LIFE Magazine
7. People Magazine
8. Women’s World Magazine
9. Crossword Puzzle Book
10. Soap Opera Digest
11. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
12. Heaven Changes Everything by Todd & Sonja Burpo
If you have a need arise to shower someone with a “get well” or “thank you” gift around Easter, a Grownup Easter Basket could be a perfect fit! It could also be a really fun surprise for your husband on Easter morning. Adults enjoy a visit from the Easter bunny too. 🙂
Oh, and I must mention that delivering a get well basket to someone recovering in the hospital is part of my Thirty for Thirty Bucket List which is a list of 30 acts of kindness that I will complete this year to bless others upon turning 3o years old. It was a joy to bless my grandmother and I hope that it made her recovery just a little easier!