Whipped Lime Icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 2 limes
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract. and lime zest in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.